How Much Can a 2024 Jeep Wrangler Tow?
Just how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? Four door Wrangler towing capacity is an impressive 3,500 pounds, while Jeep Wrangler 2 door towing capacity is a solid 2,000 pounds. The Wrangler isn’t specifically designed for towing, but the rugged and supremely versatile off-road machine is no slouch when it comes to getting what you need where you need it. Whether moving toys to your off-road spot far from Round Rock, or simply doing the normal in-town runs around Cedar Park, the Wrangler has the towing ability you need. To learn more, read on, or contact us if you have any questions!
How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
Here are the specific specifications for the Jeep Wrangler’s towing capacity:
- 2-door Jeep Wrangler models 2,000 pounds
- 4-door models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 system is best suited for towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
If you would like to have the Jeep look, feel, and off-road ability, but with more towing capability, consider the Jeep Gladiator.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
Many of the Wrangler’s off-road features are highly useful in a towing context, but the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group of features are what you really want if you intend to do a lot of towing with your Wrangler:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Test Drive a Jeep Wrangler!
From our online financing application to our deep accessories catalog, Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram makes it easy to buy and optimize a Wrangler to fit your needs in Georgetown. Visit our showroom today!
More from Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Looking for a pickup with might and the smarts to use it effectively? Check out the 2024 RAM 2500, an absolute unit of a vehicle that boasts excellent towing capabilities and the technology to keep you and others safe while hauling trailers around Georgetown and beyond. So, what is the 2024 RAM 2500 towing capacity?…
The Wrangler has always been a symbol of freedom, and now that freedom includes some measure of freedom from the gas pump and the drawbacks of the combustion engine. The Jeep Wrangler 4xe uses an electric motor to bolster its turbocharged engine, providing more power and performance than any other Wrangler model besides the…
Overpowering every Jeep Wrangler configuration with the exception of the brutal Rubicon 392, Jeep Wrangler 4xe horsepower and Wrangler 4xe torque are seriously impressive. Simply put, the Jeep Wrangler 4xe performance specs include 375 horsepower and 470 pound feet of torque. While these numbers are impressive in and of themselves, and are greater than those…