2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity
The 2018 RAM 2500 is a heavy-duty truck designed to handle even the toughest tasks Cedar Park drivers throw its way. Whether you need the RAM 2500 for the job site or for weekend projects, you can feel confident knowing it offers some of the best towing capabilities in its class. With three engine options and the ability to tow tens of thousands of pounds, the RAM 2500 towing capacity is applauded by drivers and critics alike.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
- If you choose the standard engine, the RAM 2500 delivers 13,890 pounds of towing capacity in addition to a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- Experience a best-in-class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds with the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine. Additionally, this configuration provides a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- When you need the ultimate in towing capability, choose the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine for a max towing capacity of 17,980 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: A 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing is standard on the 2018 RAM 2500. This engine is no slouch with 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: If you decide to upgrade to the 6.4L HEMI® V8, expect a best-in-class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: If you prefer a diesel engine, there’s the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6. It generates 370 hp and a whopping 800 lb-ft of torque.
The 2018 RAM 2500 Lets You Tow Confidently
When you opt for the 2018 RAM 2500, you can feel confident that your vehicle will be able to handle challenging towing tasks near Round Rock. The RAM 2500 towing capacity is just the start of what this powerful pickup has to offer. The best way to learn more is with a test drive at Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Contact us today if you have any questions.
More from Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Drivers in Round Rock and Cedar Park looking for a high-performing, family-friendly SUV with the ability to tow and haul materials should look at the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Through multiple trims and various high-performance engines to choose from, this fan-favorite Jeep model offers a maximum towing capacity of 7,200 pounds, and you can find an available…
A car can overheat for a handful of reasons, including a blockage in hoses or perhaps most commonly, a leak in your vehicle’s cooling system. Each and every car is supposed to stay between a healthy temperature that’s typically between 195 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit. If you turn on your car one day and see…
Perhaps you’ve seen Dodge vehicles that have R/T bolstered to its name, but you’re unsure what that actually means for the car. Thankfully, our specialists here at Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram are happy to help you discover what the R/T stands for, and t how it can enhance your driving experience in Round Rock and Cedar Park. Contact Us Road…