2018 Ram 2500 Towing Capacity
The 2018 RAM 2500 is a heavy-duty truck designed to handle even the toughest tasks Cedar Park drivers throw its way. Whether you need the RAM 2500 for the job site or for weekend projects, you can feel confident knowing it offers some of the best towing capabilities in its class. With three engine options and the ability to tow tens of thousands of pounds, the RAM 2500 towing capacity is applauded by drivers and critics alike.
How Much Can a RAM 2500 Tow?
- If you choose the standard engine, the RAM 2500 delivers 13,890 pounds of towing capacity in addition to a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- Experience a best-in-class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds with the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine. Additionally, this configuration provides a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- When you need the ultimate in towing capability, choose the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine for a max towing capacity of 17,980 pounds and a maximum payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Engine Specs
- Standard: A 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine with Variable Valve Timing is standard on the 2018 RAM 2500. This engine is no slouch with 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Upgrade: If you decide to upgrade to the 6.4L HEMI® V8, expect a best-in-class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: If you prefer a diesel engine, there’s the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6. It generates 370 hp and a whopping 800 lb-ft of torque.
The 2018 RAM 2500 Lets You Tow Confidently
When you opt for the 2018 RAM 2500, you can feel confident that your vehicle will be able to handle challenging towing tasks near Round Rock. The RAM 2500 towing capacity is just the start of what this powerful pickup has to offer. The best way to learn more is with a test drive at Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Contact us today if you have any questions.
More from Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is one of the most anticipated trucks of 2020, and with its Mojave trim set to be on the market in the spring of 2020, Austin drivers are wondering what type of engine powers the Gladiator and its specs. Read more about the new Jeep Gladiator mpg and the Jeep…
Drivers and truck enthusiasts near Round Rock shopping for their next heavy-duty vehicle will be very impressed with the RAM 1500 trim levels. There are six trim levels available starting at a low $34,145 MSRP. Explore new RAM 1500 special offers at Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and choose the vehicle that’s right for you. RAM 1500 InventoryLearn More…
When Chrysler redefined the family car with the introduction of the minivan, few could have predicted its meteoric rise as a favorite for all kinds of travel, from Round Rock to far stretches of the globe. Today, the wide range of Chrysler Pacifica trim levels has those shopping in 2020 wowed by the full flexibility of…